LOVELIER THAN BEFORE



Saturday 26 February 2011

Invitations, invitations, invitations!




They have been time-consuming, have made me realise just how imminent our wedding actually is and have been a joy to send off. Yes, our invitations!

And you know what? They are my biggest wedding bargain so far. As you'll see from the photo, they are good quality, simple and beautiful.

And they were from Ikea.

Yes, that's right: home of tiny wooden pencils, big yellow crinkly bags, Swedish meatballs and now, my wedding invitations!

I saw them one day last summer, thought they were beautiful and bought several packs as thank you cards. At the time, I remember thinking that they would be beautiful invites but due to the cheap price, felt that they wouldn't be good enough quality. Snob.

Then I got home, unwrapped them and realised just how lovely they were. They had no barcode anywhere, nothing to say where they were from (no, not being snobbish this time, just stylish).

Cue early get-up the very next day, a 50 mile trip, me almost running to the shelf (just in case someone else had had the same idea!) and relief when I realised that they were all still there. It was like some kind of upmarket version of 'Supermarket Sweep'; I was literally using my whole arm to swipe them into the trolley, just until no-one else could grab them and I could count them in peace!

And the most amazing thing - £45 for all of my day & evening invitations!I've been proud to send them off, what with their thick, pristine and pearly envelopes holding the delicate, raised design inside. I hope my guests will be as excited about the landing on the doormat as I was about posting them!

No comments:

Post a Comment