LOVELIER THAN BEFORE



Saturday 30 April 2011

All the small things


I just had one of those lovely moments where the world seems to stop for a moment and you feel genuinely, gloriously happy. And all because of a piece of toast!

It's a pretty boring story as to why I haven't been eating (much) normal bread but that was the first piece of toast I have had in months. And it really was one of those lovely moments where you feel truly content and, dare I say this without sounding like a Disney film, but, well, alive!

I'm quite lucky that this happens to me quite often.

All the small things that, without fail, make me immensley happy, even if just for a moment.

1. Clearly, a piece of hot, buttered toast.

2. The smell in the laundry aisle in any supermarket. I always walk down it, no matter what, sniffing the air like some kind of dog!

3. Knowing that I have perfect nail varnish on.

4. Fairy-lights. There's just something magical about them.

5. Drinking a cup of Twinings tea out of my favourite bone china mug; I only ever use this mug on a Friday when I get in from work. Yes, I save the mug!

6. Getting a piece of post that looks exciting when I don't have a clue what it is.

7. Bon Jovi's 'Livin' on a Prayer'.

8. What the stars look like when you're out in the countryside, away from any town.

9. Putting on my wedding tiara. Which I do, a lot.

10. Finding a treasure in a charity shop: cups & saucers, a childhood book, a glass cake stand. This is genuinely my new vice.


There are more, I know but for the moment, this is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment