LOVELIER THAN BEFORE



Tuesday 29 June 2010

My new obsession



Before I start, I know how weird this is...please remember this at the end of my post!

I am currently obsessed with straws. Yes, drinking straws. Now there's a sentence you never thought you'd say! But it's true. And it all started with a post on Project Wedding:
http://www.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/diy-an-old-fashioned-soda-bar

...and I fell in love. With the idea, with the colours, with the potential photo opportunities.

So, here's what I'm envisaging. Galvanised steel buckets full of crushed ice, laid on lawns in the shade of the trees. All the colours of the rainbow, the sound of fizz and bubbles and the clink of glass. Droplets sliding down glass on a hot summer's day. Happy guests and a riot of refreshment.

Which brings me back to reality and the straws. Look how fab these are!



These are from www.pipii.co.uk and I'm obsessed with how they will look in the bottles. I would have to go for grey as that's part of my colour scheme but I just think that they are so cute! Far more exciting than your normal straws - and trust me, I spent a long time searching for fabulous straws on t'internet. These are it!

1 comment:

  1. Love your straws, and completely get your obsession! xGeorgia

    ReplyDelete