LOVELIER THAN BEFORE



Wednesday 23 June 2010

My upcoming 30th birthday party

I was inspired by Charlotte of the Rock My Wedding blog, who had a British theme to her 30th. The photos are just fab....

So, I decided on a red, white and blue theme too...but I'm going for the good ol' US of A! I will readily admit to going a little bit crazy on my theme but then that's what I do.

Cue....red and blue sun visors, flags, cheerleader pom poms, M&Ms by the truckload, Oreos, a Cheers bar towel, Coca Cola merchandise, a Miss America tiara, an Elvis poster, Minnie Mouse ears, Alabama Slammers........

I have to say that I'm more bothered about the photo-corner with props (that I shamelessly stole from Charlotte), the debut of my original 1970s, free-standing cocktail bar and my decorations than I am about presents, my birthday, my outfit or anything else! Which tells me that I'm doing the right thing by starting this blog; details are everything!

3 comments:

  1. http://www.rockmywedding.co.uk/its-red-white-and-blue-baby/

    The link to Rock My Wedding which, for some reason, did not appear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love a theme and tend to go completely overboard with stuff for it - my recent England football party cost a fortune but seriously, I definitely needed the football cake, table cloth, napkins, plates, cups.... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well but of course! I'm loving the fact that you actually had an England football party in the first place! x ps. Thank you for being my very first follower Livy!

    ReplyDelete