LOVELIER THAN BEFORE



Monday 6 August 2012

Vintage wedding inspiration...keys

To start off with, here's an image from my wedding. I wanted to use old keys after reading an idea in a magazine about a bride who had a birdcage that held a prize. Every guest had a key and only one opened the cage. I absolutely loved this idea, as the keys could also work as favours, as well as adding a vintage feel to my tables. Cue one birdcage from ebay, a gorgeous old padlock and key, a lot of other old keys from ebay (and I mean a lot - quite a few were too 'ugly' for my exacting standards! Trust me, keys can be ugly), a lot of ribbon, 'wish' tickets and a box of Hotel Chocolat chocolates as the prize. I can't tell you how well this went down on the day! Everyone saw the birdcage as they came in to the reception and it was an immediate talking point. Everyone was seated and the waiters were ready to come around with drinks when the ushers went around, explaining the birdcage. Result - deserted reception room! Anyone would have thought there was a golden ticket to Willy Wonka's factory in there! The excitement and laughter it created was amazing...and virtually everyone took their keys home. You could try this with any vintage suitcase, storage box or tin box - just remember to keep the one key that opens the padlock separate!

No comments:

Post a Comment