LOVELIER THAN BEFORE



Thursday 30 August 2012

Making an entrance



This was the first thing I saw when I walked into my fabulously-stylish friend Jade's wedding. And it took my breath away.

She had spent a huge amount of time and effort making her marquee look this perfect. All of the guests had the same reaction and it got me thinking; how many people really think about that moment when your guests walk in?

It all depends on your venue, whether it's for a wedding or a party. At my wedding, for example, it wasn't as possible, as the hotel we held it in had a short walk through a corridor and up some stairs into the bar area. Then you entered the main room - and that's where I focused on my 'moment'.

If I was looking at venues again, I might consider it a little more. But wherever your venue and whatever the event, that first impression stays with your guests.

So bunting, flowers, paper poms, lighting...this is where the larger-scale (and maybe less glamorous - after all, who likes being stuck up a ladder trying to hang paper poms for 2 hours?) features come into their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment